Thursday, March 6, 2008

Ikea is coming! Ikea is coming!

Next week!

I'm nothing if not critical, but I actually think the linked article does a decent job explaining the Ikea hype. My favorite part, though, is that they interviewed a local native of Sweden to have her talk about the awesome-ness of Ikea. Now, I understand the the company is Swedish, and they serve fast-food version of Swedish cuisine there, but... really... I don't think anyone goes to Ikea with the intent of bringing authentic Swedish design into their home. It's just cheap modern furniture, people.

Nevertheless... many Billy bookcases and cheap hot dogs are in my future!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Swedish meatballs! This place has to have one of the 10 best cafeterias of any Swedish-based entry-level big-box furniture retailer. Gotta.

ShannanB said...

We should make a trip out of it and all go together. I can't wait!

Loree said...

For sure! I'm actually going to cover the opening event for work. I probably won't grab any furniture then... but maybe a 99 cent hot dog? I seriously love them.

ShannanB said...

The girl who does their PR is awesome. When you are done working let me know. They have a dining room table I have been dying over!

 
Copyright 2009 World's Best Burger. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan