Monday, November 26, 2007

Doom and Gloom: Your Economic Forecast

"We haven't faced a downturn like this since the Depression."

That's the quote that stuck with me in all of today's depressing news about the state of the economy, housing market, etc. I'm convinced that buying my house, regardless of how cute it is, was a bad idea. I'm becoming seriously concerned that it has actually decreased in value, even if I see houses similar to mine listed at pretty nice prices. I'm so glad I don't have to relocate and sell my house right now. That just sounds like a miserable experience all around.

Another sign of the times: Even Harley-Davidson has had to cut production and put 5400 workers out of work this week because of falling sales. Seriously, things must be bad if people don't want a Harley.

All this bad news, and my local news station still has the time to discuss whether or not Big Foot exists. When I saw that, I think I died a little inside. Seriously.

It's all enough to make you want to flee to Canada (if you can sell your house, of course). And why not, the American dollar is at an all time low.

3 comments:

Loree said...

Yeah, the state of the market is pretty sobering at best. Rob and I pretty much decided going into homebuying that we'd have to stay there at least five years to turn even a minimal profit, which is a bit terrifying.

Not sure about Big Foot, but here in London, I watched a 15-minute report two days ago on the BBC about Christmas pudding. Hilarious.

Anonymous said...

WPSD spent two nights covering the all important topic of "Will my pet go to heaven?". Seriously, two nights! On the second night it was followed by "Baggy Clothing: The Unseen Danger". I couldn't decide whether to laugh or cry.

Your escalator operator said...

It's a little-known fact that WPSD's call letters actually stand for "Pets Shouldn't Die" -- so not surprising they'd do that pet story.

 
Copyright 2009 World's Best Burger. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan