Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Mmm... Summery Shower Gels

(This is a cross-post from Hermits Gone Wild.)

Although I haven't blogged much about it lately, please rest assured that I'm still spending far too much money on bath and beauty products. My latest find: Korres. They recently opened a shop in Brooklyn Heights, and I went by with my pal Tara when I was in NYC a couple of weeks ago. (Apparently, the brand is also sold at Sephora.)

The Greek brand serves up all-natural creams, body washes, shampoos, moisturizers, etc. And the pricepoint is not so bad as far as chi-chi bath and body products go. I've been in a bath/shower gel phase lately, so while I was there I snagged the Summer Cocktails set (I convinced myself the little tubes are the perfect size for guests), which includes three gel flavors: Ginger Cosmopolitan, Melon Mojitos and Vanilla Daiquiri. The set (pic below) was $12, which I thought was pretty fair.


I also picked up two more tubes for myself (at $6 each) in Citrus and Basil Lemon. I've only used the Basil Lemon so far, which smells pretty great, but doesn't really linger post-shower. This can be a pro or con, depending on if you use perfume or a scented moisturizer during the day (I usually don't). But it was fun and refreshing, and lemon-y and basil-y, which was all I could really ask for. I'm excited about trying out the Citrus soon, too, and the cute little tubes mean they don't take up much space in the shower. Which, as Rob will tell you, is becoming increasingly overwhelmed with my products.

The best part: they also threw in a couple of free samples of facial moisturizer, which I haven't tried yet. Offering to throw in free samples before the customer requests it is a great way to keep me coming back. That's always been one of my favorite things about Kiehl's.



No comments:

 
Copyright 2009 World's Best Burger. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan