Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Remembering ReBoot

This is kind of embarrassing, but lately I've found my mind traveling quite a bit to... ReBoot, the computer-animated TV series I was dorkily into in my early teens.



I don't know why it keeps popping into my head. I'm particularly plagued with visions of Hexadecimal, the super-creepy villain that regularly taunted Bob and his cohorts. I'm also pretty sure that, even in the dork universe, fans of ReBoot are possibly considered especially dorky, as I've never heard my husband mention the show once.

So, today, with a bit of time on my hands, I decided to refresh my memory on ReBoot. It has a surprisingly robust Wikipedia page. A few things I learned:

-It's Canadian!
-The show ran from 1994-2001 (mostly in Canada, I think. If I remember correctly, there were only a couple of seasons in my teens.)
-There is an unaired episode. The description, via Wikipedia:
"Fast Forward: The Making of ReBoot" is a 23-minute episode. The title sequence on the sequence says "Date: February 27, 1995", putting its completion date between the first two seasons.

The show begins in Megabyte's lair, where Megabyte has hacked into the principal office and has created a portal into a parallel universe (our universe), taking him into the offices of Mainframe Entertainment. There the producer, writers and animators discuss how the show came about, how it is scripted, voiced, and animated, and what the staff does in its spare time.

-There is a comic
-A trilogy of ReBoot films will be coming to theaters. According to Wikipedia, that little gem was announced June 1. I'm totes there!

1 comment:

Rob said...

Oh my god. First I find out you've been a secret crazy cat lady all this time, now you're a Reboot fan too? I don't know if I can handle this.

 
Copyright 2009 World's Best Burger. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan