Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Calories are Evil, yet Delicious

So, I have this horrible habit of having to know exactly how many calories are in everything I eat--down to doing the math to find out how many calories are in EACH pretzel sitting in the bag in the office kitchen. This makes it easy for me to become devastated when I find out how many calories are in my favorite foods.

Sometimes, this knowledge causes major changes. For instance, I know that the lowest calorie danish in the Starbucks pastry cabinet is the croissant. I tend to opt for that, although sometimes I can't resist the cinnamon scone. And my friends can tell you that I haven't had Chipotle since looking at the evil Chipotle Burrito Calculator... argh. 1410 calories in one burrito... I think I'll pass.

So, today when the Diet Detective Newsletter came through my inbox with an article titled: Some of America's Worst Calorie Rip-Offs, I had to look. Most of the stuff in there shouldn't surprise anyone. I mean seriously, of course the Hardee's Monster Thickburger has 1410 calories and 107 grams of fat (yes, that's insane). But much like the devastating blow of learning Chipotle is incredibly bad, I learned that Kung Pao Chicken is horrible!!! More than 1200 calories and 80 grams of fat.

At least I'll never have trouble resisting the China Buffet ever again... sigh...

1 comment:

ShannanB said...

OMG. Say it isn't so.... I am addicted to the Chipotle style burrito bowl.... Now I find out it blows my entire calorie budget? i don't know if I'll recover from this one........

 
Copyright 2009 World's Best Burger. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan